Monday, September 19, 2011

honesty is not always the best policy



I hate when people use the excuse of being "honest" for being rude. Some comments just need to be kept to themselves. Like this girl I know is soo proud of being "real" with people and totally tells this girl that she hates her new hairstyle. I just thought it was really rude of her to do over anything. I think it's only good if it is going to better something. Not out of straight opinion but genuinely can make them better as a person or make a relationship better between you and that person. I am definetely an honest person when some one asks me to be honest. I have had times when they ask for my opinion and they didnt like my response but that was just their fault for asking for the truth when they didnt really wanna hear it in the first place. The other day did let my friend know that I have offered to give him rides home and the few times that I have, I did not hear thank you not one time from him. I told him that I thought I should probably just let him know that if he didnt know but would that be wrong of me? I didnt say it to him in any rude way but I think things like that need to be told. It was definately bothering me so next someone offers him a ride then he will learn his manners. Sorry if his parents never taught him common curtesy.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with some of your points, and disagree with others. First off, your friend that shoves her opinions at people, yes, I agree that is rather rude. I also agree with your point about if they asked it's their own fault for asking about something they don't want to know the real answer to. I mostly keep things to myself, unless it is something they really need to hear, or they bring it up, which they often do. One thing though, opinion is still telling the truth, there is just a difference between fact based truth and opinion based truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely agreeing with you and Raini on this one. People do you the excuse of being "honest" and being "real" to be rude or mean. Well, honestly, who asked you? I can't stand people who go out of their way to be mean to other people just to make themselves feel better about themselves. With friends, I think you owe it to them to be honest when they ask it of you. I do condone little white lies here and there just to make them feel better like about their hair or something of that nature. But if they ask you to be completely honest, I think that you owe it to them to give your honest opinion. I agree with you about your friend too. Telling him that he was lacking in manners is good for him because it will help him to remember to be a courteous person.
    See ya in class.
    Brenden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that sometimes people do use honesty for rude things and that. I do agree with white lies and it is for the purpose not to hurt there feelings. Sometimes it may be a lack of manners as well.

    ReplyDelete